Now this should be the focus of environmental groups everywhere. This thing has the potential to phase out coal and oil power plants as well as replace old reactors.
Consistent aspects of Sandia's plan:
* Use super critical CO2 (SC-CO2) to make a smaller turbine to convert heat to electricity
* Factory Mass produced reactors in the 100-300 MWe range
* Costs in the $1500/KW and 5 cents per kwh
* Proliferation resistant and exportable
* This is where the global energy market is headed
* This will displace the natural gas reactors of the same size and cost