Tuesday, September 25, 2007

GameStop Exec Takes Exaggeration to the Next Level

Now this is one pumped up GameStop exec.
"Rarely do we get the opportunity to experience a historical event like
the biggest launch in video game history - one that is equivocal if not bigger
than that of a movie launch," said Jim Wimpress, Vice President of Stores,
GameStop Corp. "It is an exciting moment for us at GameStop to be part of the
launch of Halo 3 in Los Angeles - a city where some of the most powerful
entertainment industry moments happen."

Hmm, I don't think the release of a game can be called an actual historic event. Will, future generations look back and say "I was there" when it people ask about Halo 3? I really hope not. The only thing I want to see is that people flood GameStops and pump up their revenue numbers going into the holidays. Notice that they were the only retailer stock that was up when other retailer stocks were down. I guess video games are recession proof.

No comments: