Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Barefoot Contessa Spurns the Wish of Dying Child Not Once but Twice

Wow, now this is an example of human garbage.

According to TMZ, Make-A-Wish approached Garten with Enzo's request last year. She replied that she couldn't make time to visit him, mainly because of a scheduled book tour. The group then urged Enzo — who was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia three years ago — to make another wish. But he insisted on waiting until Garten became available. When Make-A-Wish tried once more to schedule a meeting between the two, Garten again rebuffed the overture, still pleading hectic demands on her schedule.

"I felt terrible for him, he has been unwavering in his desire to meet her for 3 years and despite many attempts to get him to pick a 2nd wish or change his mind he would not," Enzo's mother wrote on her blog. "Even yesterday when I told him the unfortunate news, his reply was simply 'why doesn't she want to meet me'?"

Finally convinced he'd never get to meet Garten, Enzo gave up on his dream and allowed Make-A-Wish to coordinate an alternative for him: to swim with dolphins.

Yeah, I understand her book tour would conflict with the wishes of this dying child one time. But the second time is going beyond the pale. I mean she couldn't clear one day from her "hectic schedule" to hang out with this kid for a few hours? I mean the Borders in Poughkeepsie can wait a day so she can swing by this kids place.

Instead he has to come up with his second string wish to swim with Dolphins. I hope these happy mammals can do a better job than then this poor excuse for a mammal the "Heartless" Contessa.  Perhaps he just isn't royal enough her Her Highness.

This part is pretty funny I think:

"Ina became aware of Enzo's story this weekend and will be calling him today," a spokesperson for Garten told ABC News in a statement released yesterday. "She looks forward to inviting him to spend some time with her at the Food Network studios."

So she bowed to pressure? I guess one of her handlers figured that spurning this kid not once but twice is not good for her "book tour" or anything else she might do in the future. If I was this kid I would totally ignore this scumbag "Contessa" and just swim with the Dolphins twice. They won't back out of either play date I can assure you.

No comments: