Friday, July 24, 2009

Obama Says He Should Have "Calibrated" His Words Better on Police Slam

Well, at least he is trying to get this out of the news cycle that he inadvertently created.

"This has been ratcheting up, and I obviously helped to contribute ratcheting it up," he said. "I want to make clear that in my choice of words, I think I unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge police department and Sgt. Crowley specifically. And I could've calibrated those words differently."

Seeking to lighten the situation further, he said he had invited both Crowley and Gates for "a beer here in the White House."

Now this shows he is the bigger man instead of rushing to judgment by saying that the Massachusetts State Police acted stupidly without any facts at all. I think Obama just needs to stick to the teleprompter or give an answer to a question like this as "I'm not sure of all of the facts of this case so I will offer more candor at a later date. Thank you"

No comments: