Thursday, July 09, 2009

At Last I Can Praise Pelosi: She Strikes Down Michael Jackson Resolution

It is a rare day when I can say that Pelosi has done something good but I have to applaud her for this.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi shut the door Thursday to a resolution honoring Michael Jackson because debate on the symbolic measure could raise "contrary views" about the pop star's life.

Lawmakers are free to use House speeches "to express their sympathy or their praise any time that they wish," said Pelosi, D-Calif. "I don't think it's necessary for us to have a resolution."

I think Michael Jackson was a great dancer and singer but lets slow down when we are praising him from the Congress. He was a world-class strange-o that admitted to sharing his bed with young boys. I think House Resolutions should be awarded to people deserving of them.

No comments: