Friday, August 18, 2006

Snakes on a Plane Lives Up to the Hype

Now I really can't wait to see this movie next week upon reading this article.

Heading into the screening, it was difficult to imagine that the movie would
deliver on the monumental Snakes on a Plane build-up. But it does. The film
succeeds in every way it sets out to: it is at turns an intense thrill ride, a
hilarious comedy, and a truly gory horror film. Sure, it's coated in a sheen of
camp, but who could expect anything less?

I stopped reading after this paragraph so I can go into the movie cold. All I know is Samuel L. Jackson was awesome on Daily Show the other day and he really sold the movie well. This movie could be the sleeper blockbuster of the summer. Could it be a $100 million smash that came out of left field?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope so Joe...because Kat wants to see it with us, as do my friends Chuck and Lency--Chris's parents...what more does one need? Sam Jackson, foul language, scary snakes, and a plane??!! I look forward to sharing sour patch candy with you...it seems so right for this flick.

Catherine :-))