Monday, August 14, 2006

Cracked is Back

I was at the bookstore the other day and I thought MAD had finally upped the amount of money they spend on their magazine but instead the magazine I saw was Cracked. It really looked like an interesting magazine and I find out that it has a new publisher and a new format.

That potential will be revealed when the new Cracked hits newsstands on
Tuesday after a two-year hiatus. It had a press run of 100,000 and has a cover
price of $3.99. True to its heritage as a lampooner of pop culture, its debut
cover features a doctored photo of Tom Cruise's head pasted onto the body of
Steve Carell and asks if he is "The 44-Year-Old Virgin?"

That picture of Tommy Boy Cruise that they refer to is what caught my eye in the first place. I thought it was Mad but I saw the cracked part. I will have to look into it now that Cracked has decided to up the ante on these lampooning magazines. Their site is super funny as well.

No comments: