Monday, May 23, 2005

Superman/Batman Vol.2: Supergirl

I just finished reading this Graphic Novel and I have to say that I recommend it as a great read. The story of how she was brought back is very simple and easy to get into.

The art is fantastic being from the Michael Turner the same guy that did Wychblade and Fathom. He has a great style that brings the characters to life and draws some outstanding women. He also draws a great Superman as well. I didn't like his Batman with the very long ears but it was still cool.

The story was excellent and it was very engaging. They tell the story in a dual narorrator role with Batman and Superman each giving their own take on the situation. It's neat to see how much each guy respects one another.

My final complaint is why its called Superman/Batman. What happened to World's Finest Comics? I have quite a few of that book in my collection and I enjoyed it as World's Finest. The weird dual Batman/Superman symbol is offputting. I guess that is progress.

No comments: