Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Republicans are Screwing Up

This is a very interesting post on QandO.net talking about how the Repubs aren't looking so good in the polling. I agree 100% with his assesment.

They have to stop catering to their religious base so much. It is starting to ware down on us middle of the roaders. (I guess I am also a Libertarian Centrist like the post describes.) First the Schiavo mess and now this anti-Stem Cell stuff. I know the evangelicals got you folks the win but you don't have to create these policies that so many Americans seem to disagree with. I'm sure the W-Admin is doing their own polling on this stuff.

I have a feeling there will be a backlash of some sort that gets some Republicans voted out of office. I don't think they will lose either chamber but their majority will certainly shrink. I just wish they would wake up and see that the religious far-right is the same thing as the loony liberal elite. A fringe group that the majority of Americans don't want anything to do with.

No comments: