Monday, May 23, 2005

The Game's new song: Dreams

I also caught the video for the Game's new song Dreams on MTV. I have to say it is a great song and very nice how he eulogises the various rap folk who died in the past several years.

I know I might not be the kind of person that listens to rap but I have begun to appreciate it from playing the game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It has a nice quality to it and most of the songs have a nice quick beat and tempo. The subject matter seems interesting as well. Lots of gangs, cool cars, shootouts, and love making with beautiful women met at Clubs.

That lifestyle seems dangerous but it does have a kind of appeal to it. To me Rap stars are the current Rock Stars. Living lives of excess and debauchery that people secretly long for. In my book I would rather hook up with the Nubian Goddesses in a 50Cent video then blown out haired Jersey girl looking groupies of the era of 60-70s era Rock and Roll.

It would be interesting to have a scientific comparison of the various groupies from each genre. I'm sure the rap tell-alls will be coming out eventually so we can make such a bold assesment.

No comments: