Tuesday, June 02, 2015

Blatter is Out: I Guess He is Afraid of Going to Canada so He Doesn't Get Extradited

Well I guess they ran that FIFA election for no reason.
FIFA president Sepp Blatter is resigning as president of FIFA amid a growing corruption scandal, he announced on Tuesday at a surprise press conference.
"While I have a mandate from the membership of FIFA, I do not feel that I have a mandate from the entire world of football — the fans, the players, the clubs, the people who live, breathe and love football as much as we all do at FIFA," he said. "Therefore, I have decided to lay down my mandate at an extraordinary elective Congress."
There will be an congress of FIFA members and a new president will be elected, at which time he will step down the post he has held since 1998. This will take place sometime between December of 2015 and March of 2016, FIFA says.
In any case hopefully all of the dirty dealing will come to light and many more FIFA officials will be perp-walked going forward.

No comments: