Monday, January 05, 2009

Yay! Obama is Set to Give me $40 of My Own Money Back to Me Every Month

Well it seems that there will be some tax cuts included in the new stimulus package that is being talked about in the Congress.

If the two-year plan is enacted, workers would see larger paychecks almost immediately because taxes withheld by the government would drop. The break would be retroactive to Jan. 1, and couples receiving a $1,000 tax cut would begin receiving an extra $40 in twice-monthly paychecks as the government tries to spark more consumer spending.

Since I am not a couple, I will be getting that agreed on $500 a year tax cut. That means I would get $40 a month of my own money returned to me. I guess that is good news but I would much rather get that $500 in a lump sum so that I could buy an Asus N10-J A-1 Netbook with it.

No comments: