Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jobs' Health Worse than People Think?

At least according to Jim Goldman at CNBC.

The fact is, late last week I spoke to two well-known tech industry executives, both of whom are very close to Jobs, and one of whom had been speaking to Jobs regularly up until a couple of months ago. Neither has an axe to grind, and neither needs to manipulate Apple stock to make more money. Trust me when I tell you that both have plenty.

What struck me was that both felt compelled to come to me to tell me that they had "serious misgivings" about the state of Jobs' health. One said, based on his contact with Jobs personally, that he was in "serious denial" about just how bad the circumstances had become. The other explained to me that he was "deeply concerned" about Jobs, and the sudden lack of communication, the non-return of emails, ignoring chat requests, unreturned phone calls was a strong indication to him that Jobs was in "dire" shape.

Of course these two executives don't have access to Jobs' medical charts but they do know the guy better then most people do. So when he doesn't return calls they get worried and Apple longs should be worried as well. I mean the Apple board has a fiduciary responsibility to let us know how the CEO is doing. And without a direct word from Apple then all we have to base the health of one of the most important CEO at any tech company on rumors and hearsay.

No comments: