Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Obama Disses Washington DC's Toughness

It he is critcal of Washington DC closing schools because of ice he must really be down on how Hawaii shut down schools and the entire state government because there was the threat of possible wind.

"Can I make a comment that is unrelated to the economy very quickly?" the new president told reporters at a gathering with business leaders. "And it has to do with Washington. My children's school was canceled today. Because of, what? Some ice?"

The president said he wasn't the only one who was incredulous.

"As my children pointed out, in Chicago, school is never canceled," Obama said to laughter. "In fact, my 7-year-old pointed out that you'd go outside for recess. You wouldn't even stay indoors. So, I don't know. We're going to have to try to apply some flinty Chicago toughness."

No comments: