Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Online Brokerage Comparisons

Here are my thoughts on this article. It seems that:

E-Trade, Fidelity Investments, and Ameritrade had the highest success rates in converting prospects into customers, according to the Customer Experience Rankings study.

I am with E-trade currently and have been since tech bubble times. They are a great online brokerage but I had several problems with them.

I tried to set up a monthly transaction that moved a certain amount of cash from my bank account to my Roth IRA. I couldn't get the thing to work for the life of me. I eventually gave up on it and am just transferring a chunk of it all at once at the beginning of the year.

Also E-trade has always had very bad research when it comes to companies. It would be nice to see them partner up with some sort of Analyst firm even if it is a small one. That way it would be easier to research stocks on their site. Other then those two things I have enjoyed using E-trade and will continue to do so.

No comments: