Tuesday, June 21, 2005

At Least Durbin Took it Back

Well he kind of did:

"Some may believe that my remarks crossed the line," the Illinois Democrat said. "To them I extend my heartfelt apologies."

I guess he doesn't believe the remarks crossed the line but "some people" do. Hmm, hes got that politi-speak thing going on here.

He had to apologize because of remarks he made earlier comparing Gitmo guards with Nazis, Soviet Gulag guards, and Pol Pot regime officials. At least he said he was sorry more or less. I really like McCain's comments on this thing:

Immediately after the apology, Sen. John McCain, an Arizona Republican and former prisoner of war, spoke in Durbin's defense. "All of us, I believe, who have had the opportunity to serve in public life from time to time have said things that we deeply regret. I know that I have. I would like to say that the senator from Illinois, he did the right thing, the courageous thing, and I believe we can put this issue behind us."

That's why McCain is a badass and he better run in '08 or I will really disappointed. Hmm, I wonder if there is a Draft John McCain thing going on? I guess there is.

No comments: