Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Looks like War of the Worlds could be a dud

The first review is in and it doesn't look good. This is as scathing an indictment of the film:

This is Spielberg's "Attack of the Clones," a movie burdened with stiff dialogue and fatuous relationships, dolled up with the gloss of computer animation into a big-screen video game with puny humans as targets.

This to me would make me avoid the film at any cost. I really hated Attack and if this movie is anything like that then I don't even want anything to do with it. I hate even seeing Attack's DVD cover at the store. Maybe all of the Tommy Boy Cruises histrionics was to deflect attention away from this potential turkey. It still may do good business so I will reserve judgment until I see the Box Office on it.

No comments: