Wednesday, October 12, 2005

New Video Ipod

It seems APPL has finally brought out their video Ipod. The prices seem pretty high but it still may fly off the shelves pretty well.

The video iPod -- a long-rumored product that could further spark sales of the popular brand -- has a 2.5-inch screen and comes with 30 or 60 gigabytes of memory. It will sell for $299 and $399, respectively, and holds up to 150 hours of video.

It certainly looks pretty nice to me:


The only problem I have with it is this:

The company also plans to offer music videos for $1.99 each at its iTunes online music store. It will also offer short films from Pixar Animation Studios Inc. which is also led by Jobs.

I'm not sure if this will be worth it because you can already watch these videos for free on on Yahoo Launch. It would seem to me that selling these things may not be a very decent revenue stream for them. There is also word that they will be allowing people to download TV shows as well. This may be an interesting way to spend $1.99 but I still think people won't want to watch an entire 1 hour show on a tiny little screen like that. I wonder if APPL will offer a cradle that connects to your TV. Now that would be an interesting I should think.

No comments: