Monday, July 17, 2017

I Agree With This: Why Pay $50 to See the Same Actors do the Same Things

I have to agree with this article 100%.
"Going to the movies is expensive beyond just the price of admission," Selepak told CNBC.
"When you add in the drink and candy, you may end up spending close to fifty dollars on a date to see a movie with the same actors, playing the same parts, and telling the same same jokes in the same tired storyline," he added. "Audiences just don't see the value in it."
This is hitting the nail on the head. Pirates of the Caribbean looked like Johnny Depp fighting against a different ghost this time played by Javier Bardem. The same old thing as we have seen twice already. Why pay $50 to watch something like that?

Transformers has always sucked so I didn't want any part of that. I never got into Planet of the Apes even when Charlton Heston played the lead so I'm not going to see that. I also had no interest in Cars or Despicable Me so that would be a waste of $50. So that leaves superheros and nothing. The cupboard is bare.

No comments: