Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Here is How to Insure #NetNeutrality: Google, Amazon, Apple etc. Just Buy Out/Create an ISP

With all this talk of Net Neutrality I think Apple, Google, or whomever. I'm not sure if it will fall under anti-trust problems but the Market Cap of the Big Three are $175 Billion for Verizon, $185 Billion for Comcast, $225 Billion for AT&T. Apple should be able to buy any one of these companies with an all-cash deal with their $256 billion they have on hand.

I'm not sure how much it would cost to create an ISP from scratch but I'm sure the Internet titans can probably swing it. They could make it next generation as well by building cyber-security into the very foundation of the network. They could even create it as a non-profit consortium and maybe swing a tax break as well. I think this would be an interesting use of the billions in cash these Internet Titans have on their balance sheets.

No comments: