Thursday, December 31, 2015

George Lucas Did Not like Star Wars:the Force Awakens; You had your crappy Prequels now Buzz Off

They only reason I decided to see Star Wars: the Force Awakens was because Lucas was not involved at all. Now he has the audacity to say anything.
“They looked at the stories, and they said, ‘We want to make something for the fans’….They decided they didn’t want to use those stories, they decided they were going to do their own thing,” Lucas explained. “They weren’t that keen to have me involved anyway — but if I get in there, I’m just going to cause trouble, because they’re not going to do what I want them to do. And I don’t have the control to do that anymore, and all I would do is muck everything up. And so I said, ‘Okay, I will go my way, and I’ll let them go their way.'”
Far be it anyone make anything for the fans. What an ignoramus. I bet there wasn't enough borderline racist characters like Boss Nass and Jar-jar Binks. Their hated green/tan-faced Minstrel Show. Or the offensive Italian stereotype that was Watto. Or the evil Asians that represented the Trade Federation. Or the 100 other irksome and idiotic things that were in the Prequels. All I have to say is Count Dooko and Younglings and that should suffice.

Force Awakens was actually good, had some pathos, had some great action scenes and had lead characters that were fairly decent actors. No wooden Hayden Christensen, or worse yet, terrible child actors like Jake Lloyd. It was a fun romp in the Star Wars universe and made me a fan again. So Lucas can just shut his fat face and we can look forward to other more skilled people giving it a try without his further "input." 

No comments: