Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Obama the End of Black Politics?

I would think so if he wins the Presidency. This is a very interesting article by the New York Times about how Obama might spell the end of black politics as we know it.

“I’m the new black politics,” says Cornell Belcher, a 38-year-old pollster who is working for Obama. “The people I work with are the new black politics. We don’t carry around that history. We see the world through post-civil-rights eyes. I don’t mean that disrespectfully, but that’s just the way it is.

This new generation of black leaders will change this country for the better by simply allowing everyone else to move beyond race and start looking at the substance. I hope they everyone that makes a protest vote against Obama does so because he is an inexperienced, media-created rock star that is all hype and not because of the color of his skin.

No comments: