Friday, August 29, 2008

McCain Picks Palin as VP: He heeded my advice!

It seems that McCain went for the shake-up the ticket pick at VP instead of the safe pick like Romney or Pawlenty.

At a raucous rally in the swing state of Ohio, McCain introduced Palin as the political partner "who can best help me shake up Washington and make it start working again for the people who are counting on us."

"I am honored," she said moments later, the first Republican woman chosen for national office.

What is cool is that I said it before in this blog that he needed a woman or a minority as his running mate and not just some white dude from a swing state. I even put Palin down as one of the women he should pick. Now America just needs to get to know her. She does seem very popular in Alaska.

I think Linda Lingle would have been just as good a pick with a little more experience. However Palin is young, a hunter, a gun lover, and wants to drill in ANWAR so she should be a great ticket balancer. It also makes the GOP look more like a big tent party and not just for white dudes.

I also loved how this announcement sucked all the air out of the Obama Stadium Show and Imperial Coronation that was at INVESCO field. The same CNN anchors who gushed about the 80,000 people and the overflow crowd looked shell-shocked as they were forced to go wall-to-wall about Palin.

No comments: