Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Camera Phones won't replace Digital Cameras

It looks like digital cameras have nothing to fear from camera phones at all. In fact a camera phone is getting people to buy more digital cameras:

This "myth" is unlikely to occur since resolutions in camera phones have remain somewhat constant, while prices for digital cameras have continued to decline, according to International Data Corp. In the United States, camera phones are becoming more of a "gateway product," which creates more digital camera users.

One reason is because the resolution on camera phones is really pretty crappy. Also it seems like it is easier to get images off of a digital camera then a camera phone. I had lots of trouble finding a USB cable for my phone so I ended up getting a miniSD card and card reader. I will not pay even 1 cent to Verizon to get pictures off of my phone so services like PixPlace are garbage to me. My digital camera came with a USB cable so it is a snap to get pictures off of the phone.

No comments: