Thursday, August 11, 2005

Bloggers and Readers a coveted demographic

This is kind of a no-brainer but Madison Avenue is finally waking up to this fact. The breakdown of the various blog readers are pretty interesting though:

Politics/News sites account for 43 percent of blog readers, ComScore reported, followed by "Hipster" (17%), Tech (15%),Women (8%), Media (8%), Personal (6%), and Business (3%).

It seems that blogs are still a political commentary sort of medium. I figured personal blogs would be higher but I guess people run out of things to say about their lives and the blog stagnates. I'm not sure what "hipster" blogs are because I don't read that type of blog.

I agree that this is a very coveted demographic for almost any advertiser. Young and with money, with high speed internet connections? They also love to shop online? I have a feeling that those blog ads are going to go from some Conservative/Liberal book or webpage to Morgan Stanley, and bluenile.com. Could be a cheap way to get targeted eyeballs looking at your products.

No comments: