Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Classy Concession Speech by John McCain

This is a great American any way you slice it. It is time for him to take his place as an elder statesmen in the Senate. A sort of maverick Teddy Kennedy. The end was especially good:

Tonight -- tonight, more than any night, I hold in my heart nothing but love for this country and for all its citizens, whether they supported me or Senator Obama -- whether they supported me or Senator Obama.

I wish Godspeed to the man who was my former opponent and will be my president. And I call on all Americans, as I have often in this campaign, to not despair of our present difficulties, but to believe, always, in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here.

Americans never quit. We never surrender.

(APPLAUSE)

We never hide from history. We make history.

Thank you, and God bless you, and God bless America. Thank you all very much.

No comments: