Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Obama's White House Changes: To be the "Green" House and Homework in the Lincoln Bedroom

Hmm, it seems this may be a Presidency for "Change" at least when it comes to the White House itself. The first daughters will not be waited on hand and foot and will have chores in the White House. I guess that means no maids to pick up their toys and put away their books. Also one of the girls will be doing her homework at Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation desk.

Obama, who is known to be an avid reader of Lincoln history, said his daughter told him "I'm going to sit at that desk, because I'm thinking that will inspire big thoughts."

Maybe the Ghost of Lincoln will help her with her civics homework. This part will be an interesting change I think.

Obama will be sworn in on Jan. 20, and he said he wants to work quickly to make the White House "green."

The president-elect said he plans to sit down with the chief usher for the presidential mansion and do an evaluation of its energy efficiency.

I think he should put a big Solar Panel on the roof of the White House to show more adoption of the technology. Even if they use it to heat water I still think it would be a nice gesture to show Americans how easy it would be to adopt that technology. He can even spend the tax rebate check on something nice for the family.

I think getting rid of the t-ball field that Bush put in and putting in a nice vegetable and fruit garden would be an interesting touch as well. It would be a nod to sustainable living and organically grown produce. It would be cool for the President to say "I grew these squash myself" when a foreign dignitary or a Congressman visits.

No comments: