Monday, November 24, 2008

Obama and Bush Work Together in Transition

It seems that Bush and Obama are really working together quite well now that the hand-over of power is assured. It seems that Bush made a decision on the Citigroup bailout Obama was informed soon afterward.

His statement took only two minutes, but it included this paean to his successor: "I talked to Obama about the decision we made. I told the American people, and I told the president-elect when I first met him, that anytime we were to make a big decision during this transition, he will be informed, as will his team."

About an hour and a half later, Obama unveiled his economic team at a Chicago news conference and mentioned that he'd spoken to Bush and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke earlier Monday.

I really like the dignified hand-over of power from Bush to Obama. I'm pretty sure all of the keyboard keys will stay on the keyboards (not like the vandalism that occurred when Clinton handed over power to Bush) once Obama takes control in January. I like this new dignified, principled politics instead of the "Pit-Viper, kill-or-be-killed" Bush/Clinton derangement disorder politics of the last 16 years.

No comments: