Friday, August 30, 2013

Shailene Woodley Makes her Own Toothpaste and Cheese?

It seems refreshing to see a young actress take this road instead of going the way of conspicuous consumption.

"I think everything about my lifestyle is fairly alternative," Woodley revealed. "I gather my own spring water from mountains every month. I go to a farm to get my food."

And don't expect the 21-year-old to rely on a fancy chef to whip up her organic goods into a healthy meal for her. On the contrary, the Golden Globe nominated actress is very hands-on when it comes to stocking her home with all the essentials.

"I make everything from my own toothpaste to my own body lotions and face oils. I could go on for hours," she says. "I make my own medicines; I don't get those from doctors. I make my own cheese and forage wild foods and identify wild plants."

Hmm, I wonder if more Americans will follower her lead. It would make for a much more self sufficient nation for the Zombie Apocalypse/Kaiju destroy the cities/world-wide blackout/the Rapture/Killer Tomatos attack.

No comments: