Friday, August 16, 2013

Pepsi Flavored Cheetos Sound Awful

Well Japan is well known for weird tasting snacks but this one might be pretty out there.

The Smell: "I immediately identified something very close to flat cola. Flat Pepsi? I dunno. My nose palate is not so refined," he reports, noting that there's also a hint of cinnamon donuts.
The Taste: "It's very citrusy, almost sour. And it hits hard. It tries to capture the citrus notes of Pepsi, but it's over the top. Too lemony."
The...Feel? "Did I mention these fizz a little?! Yea! Not like crazy Pop Rocks fizzing, but there is some definite popping and crackling. It's all about attention to detail, guys. I tip my hat to Frito-Lay for that one.
The Verdict: "They do linger in the mouth for quite a while to leave you with a weird, marginally accurate, if lemony, Pepsi aftertaste."

Too bad these can't be imported to the US at least in small quantities so I could try them. I like lemony stuff so it might not be as bad as you would imagine.


No comments: