Monday, January 09, 2012

Romney Likes to "Fire People?"

Well at least he is coming clean about what he likes to do.

"I want individuals to have their own insurance. That means the insurance company will have an incentive to keep you healthy," Romney said. "It also means that if you don't like what they do, you can fire them. I like being able to fire people who provide services to me. You know if someone doesn't give me the good service I need, I want to say, you know, I'm going to go get someone else to provide that service to me."

I guess that statement was taken out of context. He should have said he liked to fire a company that provided poor service to him. That would make sense and be somewhat anti-corporate as well. Everyone would like to fire their insurance company if they jacked up their rates by 15% or whatever. However most health insurance companies are monopolies in most states. The ability to buy health insurance like you can buy car insurance should be allowable to all Americans.

No comments: