Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Congress Critter; Collen Hanabusa Opposes SOPA

Well at least she is good for something other than being the Congresswoman from Inouye:


Dear Mr. Michels,
 
Mahalo for your correspondence regarding H.R. 3261, the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). I appreciate your input on this important issue. 
 
While I support a legislative approach to combating online piracy, I do not support SOPA in its current form. In addressing the large and growing problem of piracy and counterfeiting on foreign websites, Congress must strike a balance that addresses these issues without inadvertently leading us to the slippery slope of government intrusion on the internet.
 
SOPA elicits vigorous debate and I appreciate you taking the time to contact me about this bill. While I do not support H.R. 3261 as it is currently written, I do applaud the work of my House and Senate colleagues in drafting compromise legislation. I look forward to reviewing the alternative proposals as we move forward. 
 
Again, thank you for expressing your views on this crucial issue and I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind as Congress works toward a compromise. I hope you will continue to contact me on federal matters of concern to you.  If you would like regular updates, please sign up for my e-newsletter at http://hanabusa.house.gov.
 
 


Sincerely,
Colleen Hanabusa
Member of Congress

No comments: