Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Coakley Goon roughs up Reporter at Fundraiser

Wow now this is a pretty high stakes campaign when they start to litterly push around reporters.

As I walked down the street, a man who appeared to be associated with the Coakley campaign pushed me into a freestanding metal railing. I ended up on the sidewalk. I was fine. He helped me up from the ground, but kept pushing up against me, blocking my path toward Coakley down the street.

He asked if I was with the media, and I told him I work for THE WEEKLY STANDARD. When I asked him who he worked for he replied, "I work for me." He demanded to see my credentials, and even though it was a public street, I showed them to him.

I thought it was SEIU goons up to their old tricks but it seems that this guy is some kind of image consultant to Democratic causes named Michael Meehan. Well he just gave an image that the Coakley campaign likes to rough up reporters that they don't agree with. Luckily the reporter just suffered some torn pants and not a head injury from being pushed into a metal railing.

No comments: