Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Brown Wins Massachusetts!!!

I am convinced that my $100 put him over the top.

In an epic upset in liberal Massachusetts, Republican Scott Brown rode a wave of voter anger to defeat Democrat Martha Coakley in a U.S. Senate election Tuesday that left President Barack Obama's health care overhaul in doubt and marred the end of his first year in office.

I am usually the vulture when it comes to this kind of thing but I was proven wrong this time. Actually in many ways I thought of it as an investment against Cap & Trade which I am convinced would have put us in a second recession. Now Cap & Trade is as dead as dirt.

In any case, I think Obama is the true vulture in all this. He waits until the last minute, swoops in and then immediately loses the election for the person he is supporting. He lost the Olympics, New Jersey, and now Massachusetts. He is the perpetual "vulture circling the dying candidate."

No comments: