Friday, October 30, 2009

Obama Whines About Date Night Politicization

I think this is why people are starting to become disillusioned about Obama.

“If I weren’t president, I would be happy to catch the shuttle with my wife to take her to a Broadway show, as I had promised her during the campaign, and there would be no fuss and no muss and no photographers,” the president said. “That would please me greatly.” He went on to say: “The notion that I just couldn’t take my wife out on a date without it being a political issue was not something I was happy with.”

Well, if you wanted to catch a shuttle to New York for a show then you should have stayed the junior Senator from Illinois. Then you could have paid for it out of your own pocket and there would have indeed been "no fuss and no muss." Instead you chose to be President of the United States. You can always resign and have Biden take over. Then you can have all the date nights you want.

He should know that the top job is one where expensive date nights and trips to Copenhagen to help your political cronies are seen with a *lot* more scrutiny. I think Obama has not grasped the enormity of his office yet.

His vast responsibilities should preclude date nights, petty rivalries with cable TV, or pimping the George Lopez show or any of that nonsense. There was no one forcing him to run for the Big Chair. I think it is time to put away the campaign posters and airy rhetoric and simply lead this damn country. Go out there and think of a way to get people back to work. This whining and "woe is me" stuff is getting old fast.

No comments: