Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Amazon's Revenues way up

Too bad that free shipping is cutting into their bottom line. Their revenue numbers seem to be pretty outstanding though. They also seemed to have surprised the Street with that 16 cent vs. 12.5 cent consensus. This is the best news though:

Looking ahead, the company forecast third-quarter net sales between $1.76 billion and $1.91 billion and operating income between $60 million and $90 million.

Analysts on average have predicted third-quarter sales of $1.8 billion.

That sounds like a nice rise in expectations. I have been buying more and more from Amazon and their free shipping is the reason why I am doing so. I wouldn't sign up for the Amazon Prime service though because of the Super Saver Shipping deal they are still running seems like a better deal to me. Also Amazon Prime doesn't ship to Hawaii so I guess it doesn't matter if I liked the deal or not.

No comments: