Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The New Mystique, Jennifer Lawrence Sounds Like an Airhead

I really hope she isn't the norm for young actresses coming up because this story makes her sound like a total dumb-ass.

Lawrence said that she hadn't seen the first three "X-Men" movies when she first auditioned for the role, and her unfamiliarity with the role of Mystique nearly cost her the part. She told me she auditioned a few times before finally sitting down to watch the original trilogy. Once she did, she said, "I realized I was doing it completely wrong, and I was like, 'Why have they been calling me back?'" Seeing the first three films, she saw that Rebecca Romijn played the role "kind of cold and cool and snakelike... I was doing my Raven kind of sweet and teenybopper, because I didn't know what else to do."

Um, what? She didn't research her role at all before she first auditioned? Research didn't involve visiting the persons home town, or reading a pile of books, or calling Marvel and sitting down with the creator. All she had to do was watch 3 movies? In fact she didn't have to watch all 3 movies and could have just watched the first X-men film and got the gist of playing the character. She could have looked up Mystique on Wikipedia and got more information then she did.

I know she is a busy young star with accolades from some movie called Winter's Bone but all she needed to do is pop in a DVD and fast forward to the parts that had Mystique in it. She could have fiddled with her IPhone the whole time and still been able to tell that Mystique wasn't a sweet teenybopper.  The fact that she was kept on and not canned on the spot tells a lot about how X-Men: First Class is going to be when it comes out.

Here is a pic of Lawrence before and after her makeup session:

No comments: