Monday, January 10, 2011

The Ark of the Future: It Looks Pretty Cool

Ever since I played Sim City years ago I remember there was this building that was called an Arcology. Here is an artist conception of one by a guy named Alexander Remizov.
















I'm not quite sure what that tower is on top but I suspect it is some sort of power plant. The only problem with this arcology is it seems pretty small. In Sim City I remember the things being massive and were self-contained. That means the power supply, homes, and jobs were all in the one huge building. It was kind of a small town all housed in one building.

Although it would still be cool to live in this thing since it seems like it is quite green and inviting. I guess you would live in an apartment surrounded by food plants on your balcony. I wonder what the precautions would be against non-Fancy rats that would live amongst these plants? Also where do you park or does everyone walk or bike in the world of the future?

No comments: