Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Clinton Grilled over Wikileaks and is told to Resign by Assange

I would hate to have her job right now.

The WikiLeaks matter was discussed in virtually all of Clinton's private one-on-one meetings with European leaders and foreign ministers during the summit meeting of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. The Kazakhstan summit is the first such high-level meeting of the 56-nation group in 11 years.

"I have certainly raised the issue of the leaks in order to assure our colleagues that it will not in any way interfere with American diplomacy or our commitment to continuing important work that is ongoing," Clinton said. "I have not any had any concerns expressed about whether any nation will not continue to work with and discuss matters of importance to us both going forward."

I can see Putin taking her aside and saying "So you think I am Alpha Dog, Spasiba!" or Berlusconi button-holing her to say "so I am a party animal right? There is a party in my pants and you are *not* invited" Now that is one uncomfortable feeling. It is kind of like the diplomatic equivalent to showing everyone around the table your cards in a poker game.

Plus we have this Assange character calling for your resignation.

Assange on Tuesday had called on Clinton to resign "if it can be shown that she was responsible for ordering U.S. diplomatic figures to engage in espionage in the United Nations" in violation of international agreements.

I guess this counts as Hillary Clintons's worst week ever. 

No comments: