Thursday, April 08, 2010

Obama Goes After Palin on Nuke Issue

I'll have to chalk these asinine attacks of critics as not living up to the office of the President. The President of the United States should not be getting into a debate with former governors no matter what. It either elevates the attacker or in this case debases the Presidency.

"I really have no response to that. The last I checked, Sarah Palin is not much of an expert on nuclear issues," Obama said in an interview with ABC News.

The last I checked you aren't an expert on nuclear issues as well Mr. President. You don't have to be an expert to know that telegraphic your punches doesn't help anyone. A simple "we will determine on a case-by-case basis whether the use of nuclear weapons is warranted." and be done with it. Instead it is "we will nuke you only if you use nukes first, everything else means you are safe."

Pressed further on Republican criticism that his strategy restricts the use of nuclear weapons too much, Obama added:

"What I would say to them is, is that if the secretary of defense and the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff are comfortable with it, I'm probably going to take my advice from them and not from Sarah Palin."

Um, I'm sure Obama knows that these people work for him and either follows his lead or are forced to resign right? So their words are mostly parroting his words. In any case with Obama breaking so many deadlines and campaign promises his word isn't wort the paper it is written on.

No comments: