Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Is the IPad All Hype?

From reading this review I really think so now. This criticism is a strait-up show stopper as far as I am concerned.

The browser is limited
The iPad also uses the same limited Safari browser that's found on the iPhone. While much fuss has been made about the iPad's inability to play Flash video, there are other things it can't do as well. For example, Safari on iPad can't be used to create Google Documents, only to view them.

I would be using this thing mostly to browse the Internet quickly and easily. If I can't look at a Flash video of Marketwatch or something then it is strait-up worthless. Right now I paid slightly more for a netbook that has a full browser and that I can play any strategy game on. I can also listen to music and attach it to my TV with an HDMI port.

I think the only thing good about it right now is the "wow" factor that accompanies any new Apple Product. If I am in the market for an E-Reader (I barely read regular books let alone e-books so it will be a while yet) then I will stick with a Kindle and use my Netbook for my computing needs.

No comments: