Thursday, February 12, 2009

Gregg out at Commerce Secretary: I smell Forceout

I'm still not sure why Obama picked a fiscal conservative like Gregg in the first place.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said once it became clear Gregg was not going to support some of Obama's top economic priorities, it became necessary for Gregg and the administration "to part ways," Gibbs said. "We regret that he has had a change of heart."

Yeah, I think Gregg thought the Stimulus Bill would fail and Obama's people didn't like the sound of that. You have to support the President when you work for him and I guess Gregg woke up and found he couldn't do it. I mean a fiscal conservative would have to be crazy to support that bloated mess that is the Stimulus Bill.

They didn't touch on it but I think the White House looking over his shoulder in the census was part of the decision as well. Why should you take a job where a major part of your work will be overridden by your boss? The census needs to be seriously looked at to prevent any chicanery that rewrites Congressional Districts. It will be a way for one party or another to hold the reigns of power for decades.

No comments: