Monday, February 09, 2009

Obama Hits the Campaign Trail Again

Wait I thought he already won the Presidency but he seems to still be campaigning for some reason or another.

At ease back in campaign mode, Obama took a range of questions after making an opening pitch for the stimulus package. He tried to put the economic legislation in real terms, saying it would help people through broader unemployment benefits, tax relief and job opportunities.

"Being here in Elkhart, I am more confident than ever that we will get where we need to be," Obama said. "Because I know people are struggling, but I also know that folks here are good workers and good neighbors who step up, who help each other out, who make sacrifices when times are tough."

I guess he actually went into the den of the "clingers" and assured them that new sod for the capital hill lawn will somehow create 4 million jobs and rescue Elkhart's economy. I'm pretty sure that the American people are smarter then that. If he did, however, tell them that they would get more money in their next paycheck due to income tax cuts then he would be talking their language.

No comments: