Monday, September 08, 2008

Olbermann and Matthews Out at Political Coverage at MSNBC

It seems that the liberal extremism and idiocy was just too much for the higher-ups at MSNBC.

Olbermann began to have difficulty keeping his opinions in check, or simply stopped trying.
He sarcastically dismissed GOP pundit Pat Buchanan on the air after Buchanan said the Republicans had been enlivened by the entrance of a conservative Republican.


"Those reading US Weekly with the picture of her and her youngest daughter with the word `scandal' written across it won't be so happy," Olbermann said.

Maybe NBC will start to understand that you use a reporter to report the hard news while you use a pundit to give an opinion on that news. However I agree that the reporter should be allowed to have an opinion segment but they need to mark it as such so I can change the channel. I'm all for biased journalism as long as it doesn't masquerade as being unbiased. So I can accept MSNBC as "your source for liberal news" and Fox News "your conservative news network."

However I have to say that Matthews isn't too bad but I hope Olbermann is fired at MSNBC. He is such a far left joke that he is actually hurting the channel. I can't even stand him even on Football Night in America show before the Sunday Night Football game on NBC. I keep thinking he is going to say "the 2008 Miami Dolphins are just like Bush's failed policies in Iraq and Afghanistan just with less destruction of our standing of the world." I just hope he and Tiki Barber (who is conservative) get into a shouting match and Olbermann is thrown off the show.

No comments: