Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Spiderman Reveals Secret Identity

This is a very interesting turn of events for Spiderman fans.

In the latest edition of the Marvel comic "Civil War" on sale, Spiderman does the unthinkable and removes his Spidey mask to publicly reveal his hidden identity.

"I'm proud of who I am, and I'm here right now to prove it," the legendary webslinger tells a press conference called in New York's Times Square, before pulling off his mask and standing before the massed ranks of reporters as newspaper photographer Peter Parker.

I wonder which way they are going to go with this storyline. In the Marvel Universe the Fantastic 4 does not use masks and become celebrities because of it. I wonder if the Daily Bugle will still go after Spider-Man or will he become a celebrity. In any case it is always cool to see comics make national news.

No comments: