Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Mac to Run XP, good job Mr. Jobs!

I have just been made a potential Machead. I have always toyed with buying one but I actually wanted to play PC games on the thing. Now I don't have to worry anymore.

Van Baker, analyst at research firm Gartner Inc., said Apple is removing one of the hurdles it faced in its long-standing battle to win over Windows-based converts.

"Consumers who were thinking about Macs but hesitated don't have to worry anymore about not being able to run PC software that didn't run on a Mac," Baker said.

Yup now you can run XP on a Mac with some new beta software called "boot camp." I am looking forward to seeing benchmarks on the software but now I can have the nice movie and picture editing software, and the robust OS that comes with a Mac and still dual boot to play some games. This is very good news I think. And it was even better for APPL shareholders:

Apple shares rose nearly 10 percent on the news, raising its market capitalization to $57.04 billion -- an increase of more than $5.1 billion.

No comments: