Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Ballmer Keeps Mouth Shut About AOL deal

I wonder how much this deal is going to be? Ballmer seems tight lipped about it but I wouldn't see past MSFT throwing some of that cash horde at this thing. Here is what Ballmer is saying:

Online advertising is of keen interest to us and I have absolutely nothing to say about the AOL deal or no deal whatever," said Ballmer.

"If you ask, particularly our consumer-facing businesses, what will be the most rapidly growing revenue stream at Microsoft, it's absolutely going to be advertising."

It looks like MSFT is putting Google directly in their sights by challenging their core revenue streams. I mean fancy free programs like Google Earth are one thing but when MSFT comes after you then they better be bunkering up. I mean MSFT has a $40 billion warchest to fight them tooth and nail. I hope Google is up to the task.

No comments: