Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen's Diet: Sounds like Something out of Orwell's 1984 or maybe the Gulag #SadRichPeople

Yeah I agree that this is definitely NOT comfort food.

Of course, these are two people whose bodies must be in tip-top shape for their careers, so they’ve learned to adjust. And Campbell says they love it. The kids are happy eating brown-rice sushi, while Tom and Gisele like eating Campbell’s bowl meals. “I’ve just did this quinoa dish with wilted greens. I use kale or Swiss chard or beet greens. I add garlic, toasted in coconut oil. And then some toasted almonds, or this cashew sauce with lime curry, lemongrass, and a little bit of ginger. That’s just comfort food for them.”


So quinoa, which is awful by itself, is added to wilted greens and that is comfort food? Of course this guy didn't use tasty greens like lettuce or sprouts but horrible bitter greens like kale, swiss chard, and *shudder* beet leaves. Adding a little garlic cooked in some strange way or ginger is not going to make that mess any more palatable. What is crazy is that it is comfortable to them? They sound like they are suffering from Stockholm syndrome or something.

I agree with the article writer that it makes you feel a little sorry for these beautiful, rich, and talented celebrities. I can eat a bunch of cheese fries right now and never have to eat hated beet leaves for any reason what so ever. I don't fly on a private jet but I will never have to eat awful brown-rice sushi just to stay thin or have to pay a guy to starve me.

The life one lives where comfort food is a bowl of quinoa is a miserable life any way you slice it. Gisele is a model so I guess eating like a political prisoner would make sense. But Brady is a football player who uses a ton of calories every day. He could afford to eat a huge bowl of pasta or a dozen weenies or something and he wouldn't gain an ounce from it. 

No comments: