Monday, June 30, 2014

Tea Party Claims Another Scalp: Evan Alvarez leader of the Mississippi Federation of College Republicans

It seems that the extremism and economic stupidity of the Tea Party has claimed a young College Republican.

In his resignation letter on Monday, Alvarez slammed the tea party and other “extremists.”

“When I ran for chairman in the spring, I ran to be chairman of the Mississippi Federation of College REPUBLICANS, not the Mississippi Federation of College “Tea Partiers,” Alvarez wrote. “Also, I believe that the Republican Party has allowed these groups of extremist[s] to have too much of a voice and because of that, the platform of the Republican Party has shifted too far to the right in my opinion.”

Yup I mean they are resulting to dirty tricks and filming bed-ridden women with dementia in order to get their "message" out. I still wish there was a Moderate party where men like this Alvarez fellow can join and probably do quite a bit of good.

No comments: