Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Trends that Women Love but Men Hate: My Take

This article had me thinking a bit about what sort of make-up I like to see on a woman.

1. Heavy foundation and powders: 

I have to agree that a look of tons of powder on a woman's face looks unnaturally weird. I once saw a woman with her neck one color and her face another color. She looked awful and whoever sold her that make-up needs to be fired. I haven't seen too many women with her nose one color and her face another but that would looks freakish as well. I think some black women do this two toned face thing and it just isn't flattering at all. I really never understood why women don't like shiny skin. They look healthy like that rather than sickly when their face is all some matte color.

2. "Bumps"

I have to agree again. Gwen Stefani is normally super hot but her poofy hair made her look like an alien. The same goes for Snooki as well. I think she liked it because it made her look taller but a giant bubble growing out of a woman's head just looks stupid. Hell, I am a fan of the Betty Page strait bangs all the way so most poofy hair looks weird.

3. Neon Lipstick

I'm not a fan of shiny lipstick in general because my OCD is tripped thinking about the lipstick coming off on things. Neon lipstick just looks too 80s and should stay in that era along with Neon colored jackets. I like a retro look but very few things can come back from the 80s and look half-way decent today. I really think Neon in general is one of those things.

4. Too-thin brows:

Yeah a too plucked look is much worse then a woman with thick eyebrows. I have no idea why women pluck out all of their eyebrow hair and then paint it back on. It looks unnatural and is not flattering at all. Women should just embrace the eyebrows they are given. I mean as long as the woman doesn't have a uni-brow it is all good for most men.

5. Bold eye-shadow:

I like the look of a woman with very dark blended color around her eyes as long as it is black. Any other color just looks too weird and this especially goes for blue eye shadow. For some reason it makes me think of an 80 year old woman with pancake makeup trying to look 30 something. Or Tammy Faye Baker which is even worse.

6. Rosy cheeks:

I like a naturally rosy cheek quite a bit. But rouge just looks weird on a woman especially if she is very pale to begin with. You have this pale face that looks nice and there is this splotch of red out of nowhere. Rouge especially looks awful on Asian woman. You got this smooth, beautiful skin covered by a weird splotch of unrelated color. Just not a fan of rouge in general I guess.

7. Two-toned lips:

I think the only woman that this looks okay on are Hispanic women. I'm not sure why they look sexy with their lips like this but they just do. Any other women just look odd for the most part.

8. Glitter:

This I have the disagree with. I really like the look of body glitter on a woman. It is feminine and playful and sexy all at the same time. I guess as long as the woman doesn't look like a tree covered in tinsel then slather on the glitter I won't object at all.

No comments: